Monday, February 18, 2008

Mayor ?

What is one thing you would do if you were the mayor?

MAYOR SHIRLEY FRANKLIN’S

FAITH-BASED ROUND TABLE

It was so nice to meet with people from different religions (Muslims, Jewish leaders, people who practice Scientology) . Jermaine conducted the meeting, we ate and the Mayor came. She talked about ways that the community has been dealing with the issues of homelessness. She discussed being unified as a group and about resources that some churches provide. It was so uplifting. Once I can figure out how to post a slide show I'll show more pictures.

Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints

1469 Lee Street, SW

Atlanta, Georgia 30310


6 comments:

  1. If he ever ran for Mayor of ATL one day, I would vote for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to get him to think about it, but he is so focused on being daddy and bishop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jermaine for Mayor!!! What a neat experience that seemed to be. I want to know more about the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck- how about Kembe for Mayor???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with claire

    hugs from alpharetta :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will run after I've been a Bradley instructor for a couple of years, after all six of our future kids are in college and after I start my virtual school in Uganda!

    ReplyDelete