Saturday, December 13, 2008
Every year I have this grandiose goal of having everything done by my birthday December first. This includes decorations up, Christmas cards out and Christmas shopping done. I have not yet accomplished this goal but I’ll keep my eye on the prize!
I celebrated with good friends and good food, we went over to Mary's and Juston's.
I have also included pics of our trip to Alabama. This picture includes Jay, Jermaine's brother Ran, Jermaine and Abram.
Our family can’t handle playing Scrabble it turns into to squabble so we had to put it away and play spoons. This picture includes me, my dad, my mom, my brother Katende and his wife Sanyu.
Friday, October 24, 2008
1. She is so friendly. I'm not the let the dog lick your face type of gal but, I love seeing her wag her tail when she sees me. She did lick my face and I was so grossed out!
2. She gives us a warning when an intruder is close to the house (or it might just be a squirrel).
3. She keeps the boys busy.
Mitzie came into our lives on October 18th, 2008. We adopted her from Jeremiah's teacher. She is a 6 year old European Spitz. She's a sweetheart even though she tries to like my face. Any other dog lovers out there?
Monday, July 28, 2008
We went to a Hugh Masekela concert. I have included some one of his song's on my play-list. They didn't have 'Bring Him Home' on the play-list and I included some of the songs that remind me of Lesotho.
If you haven't left a favorite memory you can post a message here.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Got this from a friend and I thought I would play the game. Here's how you play
1. Leave a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and i had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember.
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory of you. It's actually pretty funny to the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
3. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
Monday, June 9, 2008
We love the Spirit we feel in the ward. Some visitors have said the same including Glenn Beck and his friend who visited last week. They even joked that Jermaine (the bishop) looked like the president of the teachers quorum (14-15 year olds). Everyone cracked up! and Gladys Knight visited last week!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
MAYOR SHIRLEY FRANKLIN’S
FAITH-BASED ROUND TABLEIt was so nice to meet with people from different religions (Muslims, Jewish leaders, people who practice Scientology) . Jermaine conducted the meeting, we ate and the Mayor came. She talked about ways that the community has been dealing with the issues of homelessness. She discussed being unified as a group and about resources that some churches provide. It was so uplifting. Once I can figure out how to post a slide show I'll show more pictures.
Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints
1469 Lee Street, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30310
My alma mater! That sounds so weird. I graduated in 2002 with a degree in Child Development with certification to teach K-5. I went to an alumae meeting with Key, LeShon and Roz. It was great. We had such a good time. AND I won a brand new Zune. I didn't know what it was, and they said it is just like an MP3 player made by Microsoft.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
Heavenly Father has blessed us some much
1. Kembe was blessed with the opportunity to be a virtual Teacher. I work from home and I supervise, guide and support home schooling families.
2. We get to have the boys stay home with Kembe.
4.We went to see Stevie Wonder LIVE! It was the best show ever, he played for like 3hours.
6. We have been so greatly blessed by attending the temple each month.
7. We have had friends and family come to visit.
8. Jermaine’s brother, Kentrick, got married to Cathy.